There is a constant emphasis on the importance of consuming enough water during the day. One of the important questions is when is it better to consume it – before or after a meal?
As stethnews writes, science has no definite answer to that question, as various research yielded different results and conclusions. Well, instead of pointing to the right moment for consumption, stethnews has highlighted the benefits of both options.
- Why should we drink water before each meal?
– Helps reduce calorie intake – Several studies have shown that if you drink water before a meal, you will reduce your calorie intake. That is, if you consume water, then you do not have to enter more foods to make yourself feel better. In addition, water as an option is certainly a better choice than other drinks you can consume during a meal.
– It purifies the body – Especially if you consume water in the morning before eating breakfast. The water purifies your body, stimulates the work of the organs, that is, it stimulates your metabolism and thus prepares your body for the day.
– Provides hydration of the body – When you get out of bed, your body is dehydrated. That’s why, before you have breakfast, you need to drink water in order to feel refreshed and to give you energy.
- The advantage of consuming water after a meal
– It helps digest food – water consumption after a meal helps digest food and thus allows the body to more easily absorb the nutrients you enter through food.