Banana is one of the most important foods in Africa, and more than 100 billion bananas are eaten in the world for one year. It is ranked 4th in the world, right after rice, wheat and corn, but there are many reasons why it should be in the first place. The Latin name for the banana is “Musa sapientum”, which means “the fruit of the wise men”. See also the other facts that reveal a bunch of health benefits from this miraculous fruit …
- The banana helps fight depression because of the high amount of tryptophan that turns into serotonin, the hormone of happiness.
- Vitamin B6 it regulates blood sugar levels and helps improve mood and relieve symptoms of PMS.
- Iron in the banana strengthens the blood and helps to treat anemia.
- The high amount of potassium in the banana helps fight high blood pressure and thus protects the body from heart and stroke.
- Because of the high amount of pectin, the banana helps to remove harmful substances from the body.
- The banana acts as a probiotic because it helps in the development of good bacteria in the intestine.
- It also produces digestive enzymes that help absorb nutrients.
- The high number of herbal fibers helps to normalize intestinal flow.
- The banana helps for supplement electrolytes that have been lost during diarrhea.
- The banana acts favorably on acids in the stomach, reducing the problems of inflammation and protecting the immune wall from damage caused by an increase in gastric acid.
- The banana contains high levels of vitamin B, potassium and magnesium, which is why it speeds up the process of cigarette weaning.
- Insect attacks that lead to irritation and itching can be removed by massaging the sick part with the inside of the banana bark. This part of the banana can help you keep the shine on your leather shoes and bags.
- Almost everything that is needed for the human body can be found in the banana. If you send tennis matches, you must have noticed how the most famous tennis players eat bananas between swords, because it is a great source of energy, while also compensating for the electrolytes that were lost during the game.
- Banana is an ideal food for babies because it does not cause allergy, it is easy to digest and is a good source of energy. It is also the first choice when switching to solid food in the new baby diet.
How to choose bananas?
- Choose bananas according to purpose. To prepare cookies it can be even more mature, while for consumption it is better to freshen up. It is a great choice for snacks.
- When buying bananas, choose those with a strong yellow color if you plan to eat them quickly, but if you plan for the next few days, you can buy those who are greener and leave them at home to mature.
- Buy as many bananas as you think you can use before they overdo it.
- Choose bananas with no brown spots and other visible damages because they quickly rot.